Distribution Certificate for iOS build

Distribution Certificate for iOS build

Postby bhatna19 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:36 pm

Hello,

I've been following the guide for building the binary and following the walkthroughs. In step 5 "iOS Certification" on appHub, I am asked to request a distribution certificate created using the CSR downloaded from appHub.

However, my apple developer account already has a distribution certificate (created in the development of other apps) and does not display the 'Request Certificate' button (as shown in the first step of the first walkthrough document).

How would I go about the build process in this case?

Best,

Manas
bhatna19

Re: Distribution Certificate for iOS build

Postby appmobiJohn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:59 pm

In order to complete an appMobi build with an existing iOS Distribution cert, we will need access to the distribution certificate and private key on the iOS provisioning portal.
You will need to send us the certificate and private key of your current distribution certificate. You can do this by exporting the certificate and private key pair through the Keychain Access application as a P12 file. I would also need the password that you set when you export the certificate and private key.
Also, we need to know the email address you used when you created your appMobi account.

When you send those, we will get them imported into our database and then you will be able to build iOS builds.
appmobiJohn

Postby bhatna19 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks for your prompt response.

The organization I'm developing for has several apps released and in development. While we are willing to share the existing distribution certificate with public keys - sharing the private key is not a viable option for us as it potentially exposes other projects to risks.

Could you please suggest any alternative approaches? We are very keen on launching this app and are willing to work closely with you to build the binary. We can discuss this over PM if you prefer.

Best,

Manas
bhatna19

Postby appmobiJohn » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 pm

If you are not willing to share the info that is required to use our build system then you will not be able to use it.
You can download our projects from GitHub and build them yourself in Xcode.
appmobiJohn

Postby bhatna19 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:45 am

Okay. We'll consider our options and get back to you.
bhatna19

Postby Eason cheung » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Same problem for me
I using appmobi already created two apps.
Now I want to creat one more but the exist csr file not work!
Reference:
Existing projects:
Reaa.s2
Reaa.t2
New project:
Reaa.hkguide

Thanks
Eason cheung

Postby appmobiJohn » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 am

@Eason
reaa.s2 - should build just fine as an ad hoc build
reaa.hkguide - you have not uploaded a provisioning profile for it, so you can not build it.
appmobiJohn

Postby Eason cheung » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:11 am

:D thank you!
You are the best
Eason cheung

Postby fulvio » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:32 am

John, where can I email you my p12?
fulvio

Postby appmobiJohn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:02 am

In order to complete an appMobi build, we will need access to the distribution certificate and private key on the iOS provisioning portal.
You will need to send us the certificate and private key of your current distribution certificate. You can do this by exporting the certificate and private key pair through the Keychain Access application as a P12 file. I would also need the password that you set when you export the certificate and private key.
Also, we need to know the email address you used when you created your appMobi account.

When you send those, we will get them imported into our database and then you will be able to build iOS builds.

Send all of the info above to support AT appmobi.com
appmobiJohn

Return to General appMobi Cloud Services questions